Lavender Essential Oil. It makes me dream about running through a spring meadow. This essential oil smells amazing and it is also the most versatile oil that you can uses for so many things! From minor scrapes and burns to better sleep, lavender essential oil has got you covered.
Here’s what Young Living has to say about Lavender:
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The French scientist René Gattefossé was among the first to discover these properties when he was severely burned in a laboratory explosion. Lavender may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods.
Wonderful uses for Lavender essential oil:
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
Rub several drops of lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- You may be able to minimize the appearance of scar tissue by massaging lavender essential oil on or around affected areas.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to minimize seasonal discomforts.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep.
- Rub on the feet, temples and wrists for an immediate calming effect on the body.
- To alleviate the queasiness from riding in a car, place a drop of Lavender oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
- To alleviate jaw and teeth clenching during sleep, use lavender essential oil topically across jaw to relax the muscles and promote tension release.
- Use Lavender to help you feel more grounded and focused, helping you concentrate and think clearly when used aromatically throughout the room or home, or just on your body.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work.