Melaleuca A. oil (commonly known as tea tree oil) has been used around the world for centuries for it’s healing and purifying properties. The oil is steam-distilled from the leaves of certain myrtle shrubs and trees, and it is known to to be 12x the antiseptic strength of phenol. This oil maintains a distinct medicinal aroma, yet it’s widely used! So you know it really works!
Here is what Young Living has to say about Melaleuca A. essential oil:
Melaleuca alternifolia is highly regarded for its wide range of uses. It supports the immune system* and is beneficial for the skin. Commonly known as Tea Tree Oil.
Here are a few Melaleuca A. essential oil uses:
- Use topically by massaging into the chest, abdomen or the reflex points of the feet for seasonal symptoms.
- Diffuse in the home or add to cleaners to kill germs and prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Mix 1-2 drops with jojoba oil and apply to blemishes and restore health skin cells.
- Mix 1-2 drops with carrier oil and apply to minor, cuts and scrapes to kill germs and promote healing.
- Mix 10 drops with 2 oz purified water. Shake and apply daily to face as a toner to promote healthy skin.
- Place 1-2 drops on a cotton ball and place directly next to the ear for relieve of a sore ear.
- Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1-2 drops of Melaleuca A. essential oil. Then massage into the nails and cuticles to support healthy hands and nails.