Did you know it takes 75 lemons to make one bottle of Lemon Essential Oil? It smells like summer in a bottle and often reminds me of sipping fresh lemonade on a warm evening in mid-July. That’s why I love lemon: You can bring summer to your home anytime of the year.
Here is what Young Living has to say about Lemon Essential Oil….
Lemon (Citrus limon) has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses:
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Lemon essential oil is deeply nourishing to the skin and can balance your complexion. Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Make your own blemish-free face wash using lemon essential oil with baking soda and honey.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Place a few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator to help eliminate odors.
- Add a few drop of lemon essential oil to your laundry to eliminate odors.
- Mix lemon essential oil, baking soda and coconut oil and rub on your teeth for 2 minutes to use as a natural teeth whitener.
- Add a couple drops of lemon essential oil with your soap to eliminate grease and grime when washing hands or cleaning any surface!
- Add 10-15 drops lemon oil to a 16-oz spray bottle fill with pure water (and a little bit of white vinegar) for a traditional cleaning favorite.
- Use lemon essential oil to shine your tarnished silver and jewelry!